Saturday, October 02, 2004

October is Fire Safety Month. (How apropos with all those jack-o-lanterns starting porches on fire.)

Things I Shouldn't Need to Remind You:

1. Daylight Saving ends October 31. Remember to change the batteries in your smoke detectors.

2. For Pete's sake, pull over for emergency vehicles. Nothing gets the road-rageous part of me going more than people who don't.

Mom told me last week that my brother applied to be a volunteer fireman like my dad and grandpa before him. I think that's cool and horrible at the same time. I have never been able to sit through Backdraft, nor do I expect to ever watch Ladder 49. (Sorry, but I still love you, Joaquin & John!)

New Month New Look
And normally I change my desktop on the 1st of the month, thanks to Mamselle's lovely calendars. But this month, I am going with my own. I've got some folders covering Greg's face right now though.

Distraction
Squares 2: One of the more addicting flash games I've played. Try to hit the black squares. Red squares kill you. Red circles do bad things. Black circles do good. My high score is 41 Squares, 3029 Points. Try to beat me.

UPDATE: Make that 50 squares.

They Can Sense Fear
For some reason my friends have entrusted their three boys to my care until Sunday night. I'm sorry, do I look like I know what to do with three boys?

I bought stuff to make Rice Krispie treats (with M&M's... the only way to eat them) and packed my Transformers DVDs. Pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a comment