Thursday, October 07, 2004

Loop-de-Loop
Me: Are you out of the proverbial loop?
Rusty: I'm entirely out of the loop, though I've asked to be in the loop.
Me: Me too! I can see the loop; I'm just not in it.
Rusty: I can't even see the loop.

Perspective
I found this map over at random person who linked to me (hi, btw). According to this map, three weeks from Saturday I'll be going from "Raleigh" to "Tijuana" to kind of the middle of the Gulf of California.



Liquid Hot Magma
I, for one, would be quite fine if reporters quit referring to Mt. St. Helens' activity as "belching".

I Get Mistaken for Being Rich All the Time
Last night I was getting international travel tips from Duncan, and he was telling me to leave all valuables behind. "If I were you, I'd take my watch and maybe some earrings if you wear them. But you'd hate to lose $1000-worth of jewelry if one of your bags got lost."

How cute. He thinks I might possibly own $1000-worth of jewelry. My watch is probably the most valuable item I own, and right now it's worthless, as it does not work. However, I might pay the $47 to get it cleaned and oiled and running before I go.

The 8500 Calorie Sandwich. Don't try this at home, kids.

Hooked Up
This morning I went to visit my former colleague who now works for a company we like to refer to as "The Man". We had a little swapping swag session. All I had to offer was an EP, but he came through with ThelRiverlBends (the album I originally went to trade for), HawklNelson (who I don't think I'm going to dig), LostlDogs (who I will dig), SomethinglLikelSilas (no opinion), Petra en espanol (an inside joke), & Glen Campbell (rock).

Song for the Day:
Go On
- The Elected
~You're very drunk and we were very young.
I'm going to see this guy and it might be love.
Yeah, I think he might be the one.
If you get married can I come? I've got to see this.
Well, go on and dig your holes in this ground.
Yeah, go on and lay your tired bodies down.
Just like you're going to. Just like they expect you to.
And I've been thinking about moving away.
Now that we've had this talk, I definitely may.~

0 Comments:

Post a comment