Saturday, October 16, 2004

I See Said the Blind Man
We got our cute new glasses yesterday. It was funny, because we both ended up buying different pairs from what we had picked out the night before. (Don't worry, Manda, you'll hate them as much as you hated my old ones.) My vision has actually gotten better, and my sore eyes were from the strain of too strong a prescription. Cool.

Southern Logic
Never try to battle the logic of an old Southern man at the Register of Deed's office...

Me: I inadvertantly sent in a document without the return envelope. I received a postcard back saying that there would be a $5 special handling fee in order for me to get it back, but I wondered if I could just send you the self-addressed, stamped envelope instead?
Him: Nope, it don't work that way. You can come down here and pick it up for free, but if we need to send it out to you then it costs the $5. You see, they're all just stuffed in boxes, and we have to go in and find it.
Me: Let me get this straight. If I had originally sent the envelope, you would have sent the document back.
Him: Yes, but now it's in a box.
Me: But if I physically go there, you'll go through the box and give it to me for free.
Him: That's right.
Me: But if I just sent you an envelope, it now costs $5 to have you go through the same box.
Him: Right. Makes sense dunnit.
Me: Not really, but thank you.

Screw that, I'm not sending the stamped envelope. If it is costing me $5, they're taking the 37-cent hit.

New Perspective
If you want the thought-provoking version of the Danielle & Tash Adventures, read her site. She writes in beautiful prose, whereas I'm all like "yeah, we went to Demos' and talked for two hours. Rawk!"

Mild panic is setting in, as it is the last day in the office, and my desk is in a somewhat scary state. Eeeee.

0 Comments:

Post a comment