Thursday, September 30, 2004

Look out. I'm wearing red corduroy, and I feel sassy.

I don't think I mentioned that the lady who I housesat for has an original Howard Finster woodcut angel. I can't describe how cool that is.

Let the Celebration Continue
Me: Happy EP Release Day.
Darren: Thank you. I feel like it's my birthday. In fact, I think I've had more people call me today than on my birthday.
Me: Well in some ways it is the birth of a new musical endeavor.
Him: [laughter] I guess you're right!

I found a full stream for "Claire"... words can't express the joy. Must. Get. Hands. on. This. Album.

I Lied
Last night Connie and I went out for dinner, and halfway through the meal, a gentleman (read gross old man) sitting on the other side of the wall/barricade between booths from me asked if my hair color was natural and then proceeded to compliment me to death about it. Umm... trying to eat here... and trying not to laugh as Connie is making faces that the man can't see.

As we were leaving, he again complimented the hair in every way possible ("thanks again... I'll pass that along to my mother, as I really had nothing to do with it") and said that some day he would marry a redhead (uncomfortable giggle)... and proceeded to ask if I was single (THE LIE: "Not really").

I like to think that the phrase "not single" is really open to interpretation. There is:
1. Not single, take-note-of-the-wedding-ring-buster not single
2. Not single, not-married-but-not-available not single
3. Not single, not-dating-but-smitten-with-one-particular-individual-and-therefore-you-have-no-chance not single

I happen to fall in category three. I'm in deep smit...... And while the odds are Johnny Depp won't leave that beautiful woman any time soon, that old guy just doesn't have a chance while there is a glimmer of hope in my mind. :)

And speaking of couches, my roommate rearranged our living room. [My segue isn't nearly as good as Erin's.]

0 Comments:

Post a comment