Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Going Down in a Blaze of Glory
RTQ#5: If God let you decide how you would "leave this world", how would you choose to die?
I wanted to say something noble like... run over by a car after pushing a small child out of the way. Or something memorable like... freak photocopier accident. But no, I'm going with carbon monoxide poisoning, because those people generally peacefully in their sleep. (And I, like Steve, am a wuss when it comes to death.)

This reminds me of a really good book I read on a plane one time called Last Breath by Peter Stark. It gives a first-person account of what it would feel like to die by various causes like drowning, hypothermia, and my personal favourite... scurvy.

Dog Days
I guess Newman read my mind last night and didn't start scratching himself (and thereby making the jingle-jingle of his collar that wakes me up) at first light this morning. So I overslept this morning.

I have a whole commentary on the shower at that house too, but I'll save that for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a comment