Saturday, September 18, 2004

Cry Me a River
Somehow I managed to still tape the wrong channel even after going home at lunch to make sure I had it right. I blame the television. So instead of catching Survivor, I taped some program on PBS.

It had puppets singing a catchy song...

Sven said, "Ted, send ten tents,"
Ted said, "Sven, send ten cents."
When Sven sent Ted ten cents,
Then Ted sent Sven ten tents.


Or something like that.

Not as good as Survivor, I'm sure.

Wunderbar
So I wasn't home, because I went to see Kiss Me, Kate. It was a well-done production in this cool little black box theatre.

Interestingly, I sat a few seats down from this pretty little blonde girl. College student. Dressed to the nines. Cute by most men's standards, I would guess. But shortly into the first act, I felt like I was in a Seinfeld episode.

The poor girl's laugh. Oh my gosh. Seriously. It is hard to describe, but if I had to, I would definitely use the words "nasal" and "honk" somewhere in the description.

I'm so mean. Poor thing can't help it. But it's true. And as mentioned a few days ago... if it's true, it's funny.

Quote of the Day
This is by far the best excuse I've ever gotten from someone who hasn't emailed in a year and a half:
Any moment in time can be infinitely divided into two equal parts thus making the concept of "now" entirely irrelevant. Since there is no such thing as "now" and no way in which either past or present can be contained or scientifically justified there is, in my conclusion, no such thing as time. Thus if time does not exist, then no time has elapsed since I last spoke to any of you and thus none of you have anything to whinge about.
Wallpaper-by-number: You have to think that would get so tedious after about one strip that one would ending up taking a roller brush to it in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a comment