Thursday, August 26, 2004

Life Lessons (a.k.a. Tips from the Mario Brothers Instruction Booklet)

Remember a while back, I linked to a video of a guy playing the Mario Brothers music on piano. There's a new, more extensive one... which is brilliant. I think he has to cover pretty much every theme. He also has his own site: theblindfoldedpianist.com

It's a Small World After All
I forgot to mention that yesterday at the chocolate shoppe, there was also a couple there who had gotten off of a tour bus. Petra asked where they were from only to find out they are from Belmond, Iowa... which is where one of my college roommates was from. They know her parents. Weird.

Lot 665: A Papier-Mache Musical Box
Estate sale of Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. Interesting but sad too.

Happiness is...
...talking to Eric in Denver last night.

Snippet of the conversation opener:
Me: Eric, this is Danielle.
Eric: Oh my gosh!
Me: I've been trying to get ahold of you for six months.
Eric: That's not true; you left a message with the babysitter two months ago and didn't leave a number!
Me: Oops. Well, I'm in the book.
Eric: What book?? The book of life?

Song of the Day
Whatever they are calling the Bjork/Kelis collaboration. I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a Kelis fan, but Bjork can redeem anything in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a comment