Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Happy Birthday, Fiona! We celebrate in 65 days.


If you want to spoil your evening Olympic-watching enjoyment by knowing who won before you watch, like me... you, too, can get your very own Olympic Medal Count Tally Thingie at the link above. (While that site seems to have the best of intentions for providing comprehensive Olympic blogging, it is completely overrun with animated ads and the format makes it impossible for me to read the first couple words on the left side of each line.)

Other Olympic bloggers:
-- 2004 Olympics Blog: Scripps Howard News Service takes you behind-the-scenes at the Athens Games (though how behind-the-scenes is to be debated according to a recent post)
-- Dave Barry has been doing Olympic Updates on his blog
-- 18 Days in August: an Olympic blog
-- Actually, here's a whole gigantic list of them

Blog Quote of the Day
Shoot For The Moon... If you miss, you'll just be floating in weightless emptiness forever. But if you make it, you'll get through the weightless emptiness pretty quickly and collide with a giant rock devoid of life!
--Lance @ webel.net
He also points to a post that a girl named Rachel wrote about issues those in my age bracket face in regards to dating, etc.. I almost want to comment, but I haven't sorted out what I want to say yet.

Jack & Manda's Fifth (freaking) Wedding Aniversary is just around the corner, and I can't get over how weird that is. While part of me is thinking "holy cow, your best friend has been married for 5 years and you haven't dated anyone seriously in nearly as long", the other part of me is like "praise God that I didn't get married back when I thought I wanted to get married, only I had clue what it takes to be married."

My Brother Makes Me Sick
He got a cold the day before he came down. The day after he got here, I started getting a scratchy throat. I accused him of making me sick, and Nate said that wasn't possible since he wasn't feeling sick after having spent 14 hours confined in a vehicle with Greg.

So I'm developing a theory called Danielle's Theorem of the Common Genetic Predisposition to Airborn Pathogens... suggesting that because Greg and I grew up in the same home and suffered many of the same common colds and flus and ailments, we have the same gaps in our immune systems which make us fall victim to the same sicknesses... whereas Nate may be unaffected.

That said, I'm feeling a little bit like crap today.

0 Comments:

Post a comment