Friday, June 11, 2004

It's a Small World After All
Okay... so I believe it is confirmed. To help everyone understand the weird round-about way this all came to me, I will give the background info along with a little pictorial for reference.


Once upon a time I moved to Michigan. This was where I became a rockstar. (Long story.)
* I can't really sing.

I was on the road with Jack and Mark.
* Mark is only that tall because I had already taken off my rollerskates.

After tour was over...
▪ I stayed and worked in the office.
▪ Jack stayed and went on the road again.
▪ Mark went out on the road with this band.

While with that band, Mark played drums. The bassist's last name was Conrad, so he was known simply as "Rad" for short.

Meanwhile back in Michigan, I met Manda, because she too wanted to be a rockstar.
* Wearing my ugly knit camo hat (with visor) from Dave.

There were also some boys who wanted to be rockstars. Including one named Brandon. Only he thought maybe it wasn't the right time to become a rockstar and ended up going home after a couple weeks of training.
* He is Conrad too... but he is not "Rad".

Fast forward... in no particular order...
▪ Mark moves to Nashville.
▪ Eventually I move to Nashville.
▪ Jack & Manda get married. Aww.
* Manda's going to kill me, because I found my pictures from her wedding after I made her get out of bed to scan this one. Oops.

So earlier I was reading a messageboard to keep up with what people are saying about my guys. I noticed a message mentioning the site of one Steve Conrad.

"Rad!" I exclaimed in all senses of the word.

Now Mark had told me several years ago that he had gone on to play bass for RSJ. So I went to look at his pictures from the tour.

Lo and Behold, I saw this picture and said "wait a minute." Went back to read the caption... Brandon.

I had to go home to check my pictures, but it is, indeed, the same Brandon. And if I had only known that three months ago, I would have tried to track him down when Leslie and I were wandering around backstage at that show!

So anyway, I probably could have told that leaving out Jack & Manda altogether, but I just wanted to make clear why she would be the only one who cares. And here's a spare wedding picture just because I have it scanned now.

0 Comments:

Post a comment