Saturday, June 19, 2004

I'm craving casserole. I'm thinking about crashing a potluck.

Manda's back and alive. Her hair is gone. Can't wait for Tuesday!

Yeah, Good Comeback
For no apparent reason I felt compelled to listen to the 9-11 commission hearing while working yesterday afternoon.

My favorite part was with the dude who waits for a brief pause as focus was switching to a new speaker... he stands up and says, "I have to say this commission is not answering my questions. I'm walking out. This is a farce."

Then some lady yells, "Please walk out."

"I will!" He retorts stomping off like a 4-year-old with his American flag in hand... which he presumably was going to go burn on the steps in an effort to pull off two media stunts in one day.

I can just imagine him sitting there for the first two hours... knees bobbing... waiting for just the right time to clear his throat and make his scene. Maybe it was genuine disgust, but it all seemed very staged to me. Please, if you're walking out? Just walk out. No need to do your own commentary.

Maybe if he had stuck around for the remaining three hours his questions would have been answered.

You can see it here. (Sept 11 Commission 12th Public Hearing: Day 2) It's right around 2:08-ish.

Dancin' Dancin' Dancin' Machine
I started learning Balboa last night. Woot. My calves are going to be hard as rocks if I keep it up though -- lots of standing on toes.

And don't miss the June Bug Jive this weekend (benefiting Happy Tales Humane) featuring a live 20-piece big band. $10 if you're just dancing -- $25 if you're eating too.

Recipe Wanted
Help! Despite my general dislike for cake, there is one kind that I am craving. My grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago made the most lucious yellow/lemon cake with some sort of brown sugar frosting. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Leave a comment or email if you might have a recipe resembling that.

0 Comments:

Post a comment