Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Goodnight Ronnie
I was watching the memorial service for former President Reagan. Afterwards Nancy went up to the casket with the children. She put her cheek down gently, briefly on the casket. The Reverend went over and embraced her from the side, and you could see her say, "I can't believe it." That's when my tears came.

You Go, Girlfriend
Print this out. Frame this. Send this to every single woman you know. "Boyfriend & Husband are Separate Things" Can I get a "preach it, sista"?
Take it from me, the biggest mistake you can make when it comes to having a boyfriend is pledging your eternal and undying love under every and any circumstance, forgiving them for every transgression, finding yourself indebted to them financially, physically, professionally, emotionally and spiritually; being loyal to the very end, even when it is not promised in return, cleaning up after their messes (figuratively as well as literally) by taking on all of their problems, their bills, their strongholds, their character flaws, and their issues.
Love It or Leave It
Michael left his Keane cd in my car three weeks ago and hasn't come back for it. Maybe I should feel a little more guilty than I do about letting someone else borrow it.

HOLY MUSICAL EXTRAVAGANZA, BATMAN!
Hello. Speechless. Oh. My. Gosh. Nashville has finally come through for me! The Cure. Muse. Interpol. Et. al. I'm so there.

Oh yeah, and Cake, Fuel, Collective Soul and Live are going to be at Dancin' in the District.

Went to see the latest Harry Potter flick last night. I thought the beginning trodded along a bit, but the end was rather clever. Loved the closing credits. Adore Alan Rickman.

0 Comments:

Post a comment