Sunday, May 09, 2004

My Reality Is Stranger Than Your Drug-Induced Fiction
I just remembered the weirdest incident I've had in a long time. This afternoon I was waiting to cross the street at a stoplight when I noticed this guy walking towards me who was saying something. He wasn't talking very loudly, though he was looking directly at me as though oblivious to the world around him. I found myself in a bit of a predicament. I was taught it's not polite to ignore people... while at the same time, it isn't polite to stare.

So finally he is next to me at the stoplight, and I determine that he is, in fact, talking to me... though I still couldn't hear him.

"I'm sorry?" I said, as I leaned my ear closer to him.

"The colors will melt away if you don't watch them."

Seriously. That's what he said.

And I just sort of looked at him, as confused as one can be. Then the light changed, and the people on the sidewalk all crossed the street. I just sort of followed and left the man on the corner.

It was the strangest, most bizarro, Twin-Peaks moment. Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a comment