Thursday, May 20, 2004

I Take That Back
I didn't want to like Switchfoot anymore. I listened to them way back in their Legends of Chin, pre-decent-haircut days. Then everyone started to like them, and you know how I feel about being on the bandwagon when it starts to get crowded. Only they've been having a ridiculous amount of airplay around here lately, and I'm almost tempted to get the newest album. (And "Dare You to Move" (video) makes me so happy for some reason.)

My wonderfully wonderful sweater from anthropologie came last week. Oh, and did I mention it's wonderful?

Motherhood Moment
Hunter left his backpack at my house the other day, so I had to run it out to his school this morning. I felt so maternal. But because of this, I discovered an extremely beautiful road near my house that feels like the middle of Iowa. I passed a field with probably 100 bails of hay... and if you're not from Iowa, then that probably isn't gorgeous to you. It was to me.

New Pedro
You can listen to tracks from Pedro the Lion's new album (coming out next week) at Achilles-Heel.net. Mmm... mmm... good. Mental Note: Don't forget they are playing at Exit/In on June 13th.

Narnian News
I don't know if anyone else is eagerly anticipating the Chronicles of Narnia movies... but I just learned that they are having a real lion play Aslan... which is a bit of a relief in the CGI day and age.

When I see things like this it becomes abundantly clear that I simply do not have enough spare time. I could never do pencil carvings anyway, because I don't think I've owned a non-mechanical pencil in years. It's a shame, really.

I went to Collin & Britney's last night for dinner. Much reminiscing about the hell that was my final 6 months in Michigan. But I also was remembering this amazing used/antique bookstore somewhere down around Kalamazoo, but not in Kalamazoo. It had an old British phonebooth outside. It was the best.

I re-came-across the Payphone Project today. Now I have an uncontrollable urge to call all the local ones. It seems like a very Jack-Bauer thing to do.

0 Comments:

Post a comment