Friday, April 16, 2004

Take That, You Computer Nasties!
Steve, the total gem that he is, assisted me in decontaminating my computer this morning. All I know is that one little popup got past my Google Popup Blocker just as I was hitting enter on my email which made me accept whatever it was they wanted me to accept. The next thing I knew I saw something installing on my taskbar. (I guess this is a little recap from the last post.)

It was completely bogging down my computer (I had 87 processes going at one point) and throwing random popup ads at me constantly... it also was one of those programs that highlights certain key phrases on websites and then popups up an ad for said phrases. Adware, I guess, eh?

Nothing showed up in my add/remove programs, but I did find the eZula file in my Program Files. Click the unwise.exe for the uninstall. Clever little name there folks. Grr. This, of course, doesn't uninstall everything. So persuant to Steve's suggestion I ran Ad-Aware (being sure to check for updates first)... and I think it's as good as gone now.

Pretty in Pink
There is a tree in Peter's backyard whose branches hang over in our backyard. I can't figure out what kind it is, but it looks just like this. (Any help in identifing is appreciated.) I've been wearing those flowers in my hair for the last week or two. But the rain from the last couple of days has made many of the petals fall off. There is now the most beautifully out-of-place carpet of pink petals in the backyard. It makes me smile.

Hugest Font Ever Award
Floral Newsprint (or is it just my computer?)

Song of the Day:
Dare You to Move
- Switchfoot
~Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistence
The tension is here
Between who you are and you could be
Between how it is and how it should be~

0 Comments:

Post a comment