Saturday, April 17, 2004

Rocky Top Brigade Tailgate Party is up over at the Newsrack. I must say that was quite a clever way of making it happen.

Vrijdag Vijf
Due to the lack of consistency over at the real place, some of us have been taking it upon ourselves to come up with five questions for Fridays. (Last week's was up after Tommy had already done his, and I don't like people asking about my job anyway.) So my Friday Five stand-in topic is "Roots".

1. Where are your ancestors from? Have you ever been there?
94% are from the Netherlands. Utrecht area, to be precise. And no, I haven't been, but I plan to go.

2. Do you live where you grew up? If not, do you think you'll ever return? If so, will you stay?
It's been 9.5 years since I've lived in my hometown. While I miss my family terribly, there just isn't anything for me there right now. I suppose some day I would like to be closer to my family... unless I can convince them all to move like some of my cousins have.

3. Do you color your hair? If so, how often? If not, would you ever?
I have. Only because I get this freakish blonde streak underneath sometimes. (The result of trauma from being dropped as a child? I don't know. No one will confess to it.) So I color it the same color as my hair normally is. Once every few months, but it's a wash-out formula, so I don't get roots really.

4. Potatoes or Carrots. Discuss.
I'm a sucker for a good mashed potato. But carrots are so versatile -- from salads to glazed carrots to carrot cake (if you like cake, that is). It's a tie in my book.

5. What is your root beer brand of choice? (see list for reference)
I'm going to have to go with A&W.

Possible NaNoWriMo Title to Remember
The Fairly Stale Fairy Tale
... inspired by something written on The Mommy Blog.

Loved Miss P's entry about the American tax system and Tommy's post about the donuts (especially the part about the possibility of them being powdered). But take a look at any of those links to the left. Good stuff there any day of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a comment