Wednesday, April 28, 2004


It's Free Cone Day!

If you have a spare hour at your computer, take a listen to last week's encore episode of This American Life. It's a story about "a young boy, an abandoned house, and the mysterious family who once lived there but seemed to disappear without a trace." (I sat in my car an extra half an hour on Saturday trying to hear more of the story... but eventually had to go in with 15 minutes left. Great music incorporated as well.)

desolate & abandoned photography.

I don't remember if I mentioned it here before, but this site is by a cool midwestern chick who is spending some time in the Czech Republic. I believe the site is set up to share her experiences with friends and family back home, but through her prose and poetry, she reveals a sweet character and beautiful heart.

I can't remember who was talking about eating a whole tube of Dr. Pepper Flavoured Lip Smackers, but I did find out that you can buy it from the Dr. Pepper Museum.

Of course, I'm sure we're all looking forward to May 11th when the Invader Zim DVD is released.

Quotables
"You are so incredibly lucky because you're with the person I miss."
-- JTB (who looks strangely like the muse guy, I noticed)

"Anyway, I am in the process of making vcr tapes of my stored TiVo things, it's like technology in retrograde."
-- PP

"We live in a society nowadays where everybody thinks their opinion is valid. And nobody knows when to shut up and do what I say."
-- BST

0 Comments:

Post a comment