Thursday, April 01, 2004

He Shoots, He Scores, You Suck
To set the scene: Michael forked over the cash for the good seats. Front row. Section 213. Right in front of the attack-twice goal.

We get there, and a couple is sitting in the wrong seats. Already seemingly intoxicated, they attempted to explain why they were there. I said we could just sit a few seats over until the period was over when we were going to go out for food anyway.

There was a really intense near-goal in the first period that brought everyone to their feet, including the inebriated woman in my seat. She, however, forgot that she was holding her beer. She tossed up her hands and showered the three rows behind us and several rows in the section below us with her beverage. It was the freaking funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

They left after the first period. As she was getting up to leave, she said to her husband, "I cannot drink any more."

Dear Mr. Sun,
I just wanted to let you know how much I am looking forward to Daylight Saving Time starting this weekend. I love seeing you -- don't get me wrong. I just don't like seeing you at 5:30 in the morning, because it makes me freak out and think that I overslept. I am eagerly anticipating having you walk me out to my car after work for a few months though. Keep up the good work.

The Fool Learns by Suffering (--Hesoid)
ZUG.com: "The World's Only Comedy Site." It's never too early to start planning your April Fool's Day pranks. And there are plenty of good ones here. I was particularly fond of the first one under "Office Pranks". I also had to swallow my laughter as I perused the Credit Card Prank!

Baby, Don't Forget My Number
(I love being able to work Milli Vanilli references into my writing.) For those of you who used to know my home phone number back before my phone broke, I have replaced the phone. To my great surprise, I received my first home-telephone call in 18 months on Sunday from someone who didn't even know that until that day, there wasn't even a phone to call. Don't wait by your phones, as I still hate talking on it... but just so you know, I can be reached at my residence again.

0 Comments:

Post a comment