Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Subliminal Thoughts
I Say... You Think...

1. Identity::
John Cusack
2. Reveal:: show
3. Live:: in New York, it's Saturday night.
4. Attitude:: adjustment
5. Night:: light
6. Nevada:: Utah
7. Weekend:: warrior
8. Write:: light-bright (I dunno -- first thing that came to mind)
9. Friend:: pal
10. Seventeen:: "You are sixteen going on seventeen"

My Love for You is Like a Truck
I confess, it has been a bad television weekend. Somehow I found myself watching a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie on Saturday. I also watched my very first (crappy) episode of Dawson's Creek. So today, I thought I would make up for it by watching the History Channel while I work. I get a smile about every fifteen minutes, because they are advertising a program about a viking sect called the Berserkers. And if you've ever seen Clerks, I don't know how you can hear that word without thinking of Olaf.

Name that Tune
If you were to ask me about the cool song in the new Smirnoff commercial, I would be able to tell you that clearly, that song is "Future Proof" by Massive Attack (listen). However, I admit that there are some songs in commercials that I cannot recognize in 15 seconds or less, so that's where What's That Called? comes in. They'll help you figure out the ones that even I don't know.

Spontaneous Concert Ticket Buying
Yesterday at lunch I was telling Phebe that I want to go to Memphis, because though I have been there before, I hadn't seen any of the sights. Then last night she found out that Maroon 5 (her new favourite) is playing there with John Mayer in a couple weeks. So we're going. I've never been a real John Mayer fan, try though I might... and I'm kind of over Maroon 5 (didn't that album come out like 2 years ago?)... but hey, a road trip is a road trip.

Site for Future Perusal:
Where the Hell Was I

It's an Honor to be Nominated
The landlord didn't win a grammy last night. Oh well, we all kind of predicted the most recognizable name was going to get it -- and he did. I'm anxious to hear about the experience out there nonetheless.

Song for the Day:
Mahna Mahna
- The Muppets
This has always been one of my favourite Muppet Show memories. Read the history of the Mahna Mahna Song here.

0 Comments:

Post a comment