Saturday, February 14, 2004

Please go look at KurtHalsey.com. So sweetly beautiful.

Talked to Manda last night, and she sounded tired but very happy.

Today I found out that not only am I now a godmother, I'm also a grandmother. See, when the whole lot of us lived in a little house together in Indy, we had a girl come live with us who was essentially homeless. We referred to her as our daughter, because sometimes it really felt like we had to be parental in certain situations. I guess Nate heard from her who told Cory who told me that we've got a granddaughter now too.

Blogging Forward, Thanking Backward
There is apparently a new trend in the weblog world called "Blog It Forward". Connie at CrimsonDove had some very kind things to say about me. I blush. It's nice to know that my mindless drivel is enjoyed by someone. :) I'm kind of at a loss who I should link to, since I throw most links out there as soon as I find them, but there is one that is in my bookmarks that I don't know if I have. It is 13 Days from Monday, and it's pretty cute and clever.

Friday Five
I feel a Stevie Wonder song coming on...

1. Are you superstitious?
Not particularly, no. There are a lot of theatre superstitions, but I observed them not specifically out of fear or whatever.

2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition?
I guess I don't know many people who are crazy about stuff like that.

3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition?
Holding your breath as you pass a cemetary. (Because it's not polite to breathe in front of those who can't.)

4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual?
Luck is so relative. I do have a favourite number though.

5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?
Never put much stock in all that, though I did look up some points from one of my recent dreams in a dream dictionary to see what they thought my inner psyche was trying to tell me...

Marriage to an ex: "suggests that you have accepted aspects of that relationship and learned from those past mistakes"
Falling rain: "symbolizes forgiveness and grace"
Rainbow: "signifies much hope, success and good fortune in the form of money, prestige, or fame"
Leaves: "signifies new found happiness and an improvement in various aspects of your life"

Way to go, Dan & Vickie -- making me weepy all over again!

0 Comments:

Post a comment