Saturday, February 07, 2004

Inside-Out
Okay... back to the hand/thumb issue again. So I got the stitches out on Monday and mentioned to the doctor that there was this little sorta ooey spot by the top stitch that was particularly bothersome. She said that it might be a piece of the nerve, but that it would most likely dry up and fall off. I, in my infinite medical knowledge, decided that I wasn't going to believe her.... until today. I've had these little sterile strips over the cut to keep me from pulling it open again because of where it is on the hand. But I noticed if I run my fingernail over that little nerve bump, I get those electric-pulse-like pains shooting up my thumb and down my wrist. Do nerves regenerate? And if one end leads outside the body, will it somehow connect back inside again eventually? I could really use a regular reader who could offer medical advice.

On that note, I can totally relate to this guy: "As Martha Stewart would tell you, nothing makes an impression on arriving guests quite like a spurting artery."

Site to Take Another Look at Later:
Artwrk: the guy is apparently opening for a certain Mr. Barnes who Nate will not stop harrassing me about until I go see him play somewhere.

Friday Five
1. What's the most daring thing you've ever done?

Somehow the only thing I can think of at the moment would have to be just going from my car to my house at night when I lived in the ghetto neighborhood across the street from the lady who wanted to kill all the white people.

2. What one thing would you like to try that your mother/friend/significant other would never approve of?
Move to another country.

3. On a scale of 1-10, what's your risk factor? (1=never take risks, 10=it's a lifestyle)
Eh... I don't know. We'll go with a 7, just for kicks.

4. What's the best thing that's ever happened to you as a result of being bold/risky?
I got a pretty fun little job in Nashville.

5. ... and what's the worst?
Heartbreak?

And I Miss You
One of our clients is up at Advance up in Indy this week. He called me today, and I asked if he was having fun in my old stomping grounds...
Him: Yeah. You know, I keep seeing your name everywhere. "Danielle rocks" is written on walls and sidewalks. There are hearts with your name in them.
Me: Yeah, I had a lot of fans there.

I forgot to give him directions to my italian restaurant of joy.

Infomercial Weirdness
So the other night I had stayed up late enough for the infomercials to start. I was working, so I wasn't really paying attention until I heard somebody mention a town I used to live in. I look up to see my old landlords standing in front of my old apartment. I have apparently contributed to their success with the Carlton Sheets: No Money Down scheme. So if you happen to catch that infomercial, take note of the couple in Allegan, Mi -- at one point they are standing in front of a giant blue house with a couple of oval windows. Krystal and I lived in the ballroom upstairs.

So sad about Rudy last night... but he did secure two points for me and Vickie.

0 Comments:

Post a comment