Monday, February 23, 2004

I'm So Insensitive
So Steve sent me a link to a news article titled "Comedian Thinks Roadside Memorials are Funny: Victims Mother Doesn't Get the Joke."

The guy's website is a little crass, but to go so far as Steve saying that it is "inappropriate and stretches the free speech issue a little too far" is a little overboard, in my opinion. Don't tell me you haven't laughed at the Darwin Award winners.

I'm sorry. I've known someone who died after a car crash, and driving past a cheesy cross and yucky plastic flowers several times a week just wasn't cool. I would have loved to go pull it down myself. I think roadside memorials are tacky and insensitive, so I don't see anything wrong with people making fun of them. If, heaven forbid, I should die in a public place... please, this is my plea, do not let anyone put up any signs or crosses or anything. I'd rather that the people who knew me remember me as a vibrant young lady than as a bleeding body on the side of some road.

0 Comments:

Post a comment