Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Carrot Tops are Green, Einstein
Princeton Redheads Society will quite possibly be a new University club. While it takes some of us a while to realize we are in some sort of elite club... they are taking steps to bring the redheads together. Also interestingly, "[t]hey noted that the members of the club share quick wits, stunning good looks, a love of procrastination and a desire to 'explore their redheadedness.'" Mm-hmm.

Indecision
Usually when it comes to music I'm pretty sure from the beginning whether I'll like it or not. Sometimes I try to talk myself into liking something (i.e. Something Corporate -- sorry, Steve), but it rarely works. Yesterday I believe was the first time I was introduced to the world of Martyn Bennett... and I walk away perplexed. Part of me is like "Yes... this is amazing" -- while another part of me is asking "Are you sure you want to be listening to this?"

Described as Afro-Celt with a Scottish Electronic twist, it leaves me confused. Here's a song called Blackbird from the album GRIT in QuickTime. I heard it, and my first reaction was "eh". But then I downloaded Come with Me and watched the Flash video for Move, and now I'm thinking I could potentially dig it. I'm torn.

And then to read the guy's story. Man. Diagnosed with cancer at 29. Uncertain if he'll ever play again. He wrote a rather poignant message about his situation, and here is another article where he tells how in a moment of frustration he destroyed all of his instruments. He has even decided to discontinue treatments for his cancer.

I don't know. I'll have to think on this one some more. If nothing else, he gets cool points for some great promo photography.

Motion
By now, I'm sure everyone has seen the "Cog" ad. But I had never seen "The Way Things Go".

Music for the Day:
Oh go listen to some Martyn.

0 Comments:

Post a comment