Sunday, January 25, 2004

Why Me??
I live for sleeping in on Saturdays. As far as I am concerned, Saturday mornings do not exist. Especially after my busy weekend last weekend, I just wanted to s-l-e-e-p.

Enter the pharmacy. There's a new drug dealer moving into the neighborhood. Essentially in my backyard, in fact. To my dismay, the beeping of the construction trucks going in reverse is surprisingly similar to the beeping of my alarm clock. I am going to become an activist for construction workers getting weekends off. This is ridiculous.

However, since I am awake, I think I'll go get groceries. I talked to my sister for an hour last night. (And I somehow managed to avoid telling her that I'm coming home next weekend... whee.) She gave me her version of my mom's recipe of these bars that are so delish! Angela's version is slightly gooier than Mom's...

Ang's Special K Bars
1 cup sugar
1 cup white syrup
5 cups special k
12 oz peanut butter

1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Boil sugar & syrup until bubbling. Pour over cereal & peanut butter. Mix all together. Press down in 9x13 pan. Melt chips together and spread on top. Let harden. Cut in squares and eat with a glass of milk for a "healthy" snack.

0 Comments:

Post a comment