Tuesday, January 13, 2004

A New One
Phebe's friend was at our house last night...
Gina: Do people tell you that you look like Debra Messing?
Me: Actually... no.
Gina: Well, I think you do. I think it's the eyes.. and of course, the hair.

I guess that's better than being mistaken for, of all the people in this world, Chelsea Clinton. Ugh. I think I've told that story before.

Curiouser and Curiouser
Vogue's Alice in Wonderland layout is beautiful.

For the Record
I hate the idea of these new pop-top soup cans. Sure, if I were a big camper or something like that, I can see the convenience. But does anyone not have a can opener? I mean really. I think I personally own four... both electric and non. The old-fashioned turn-crank kind (the better kind) only cost a couple of bucks anymore.

I don't buy the "convenience" argument, because these tops are generally found on Campbells Condensed soups. It's not like you're going to be driving in your car, pop the top of that can of chicken soup (with stars), and chug-a-lug.

I think I'm just irritated, because I tried to open a can of broth, and the convenient pop-top was not coming off. Then when it finally did, I spilled half the can on the counter. Grr.

Sandra's Drinking Soup
1 can french onion soup
1 can beef broth
1 can tomato soup
1 can water

Stir. Heat. Drink.

0 Comments:

Post a comment