Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Love It or Hate It
I can't make up my mind when it comes to songs I like being in advertising. I guess I can't complain about HP's use of "Pictures of You", because having a little subconscious Cure never hurt anybody. Now when K-Mart starts to mess with Jesus Jones, then we've got problems.

That's Not a Knife
I deal with more than my share of Aussies through work. Today I was talking to one of them on the phone trying to get his new address. We were having a bit of a communication error.
Wes: [house number] Vaughn [street ?]
Me: Lawn Street?
W: Vaughn.
M: Lawn? Like L-a-w-n?
W: You're saying Lawn, like grass.
M: I know.
W: I'm saying "Vaughn", "Vaughn" like "Victory".
M: Can you just spell that for me?
W: V-a-u-g-h-n. Now you know what I feel like going to a drive-thru. "Did you say you want a Slig-Slac?" Do you sell Slig-Slacs? No, I want a Big Mac!

Question of the Day
Today Bossman asked me, "What did he mean when Kenny Rogers sang, 'Every hand's a winner, Every hand's a loser, And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep'?"

My theory is that if you take everyone's money, they'll all want to kill you... and if you lose all your money, you'll want to kill yourself -- so either way, you're better off just dying in your sleep. But if anyone has any additional insight, I would love to pass it on.

0 Comments:

Post a comment