Saturday, January 24, 2004

Keeper
This one will probably be added to the left eventually... Disquiet.com: "Reflections on ambient/electronic music, and interviews with the people who make it"

180 Theses
I know that a few of you are die-hard Lord-of-the-Ringers, so I thought you might be interested in this. This person named Phil came up with a list of discrepencies between the books at the movies. Here is Fellowship of the Ring (Jan.12th) and The Two Towers (Jan.16th)... apparently with Return of the King to follow. (Though in typical blogger fashion, the hotlinks may not work... so scroll to the date.)

They're Taking My Vacation
It seems that these two are taking (mostly) my dream vacation. The former apparently wants to tell about it, whilst the latter doesn't appear to want to share. Whatever -- I just have to figure out how to cram all that into 2.5 weeks instead of half a year.

Friday Five
At this moment, what is your favorite...

1. ...song?
Today I'm going to say "Consequence" by The Notwist
2. ...food? Today, Lettuce wraps from PF Changs
3. ...tv show? I have to go with 24.
4. ...scent? I still swoon if I catch a whiff of a gentleman wearing Eternity.
5. ...quote? "You can learn a lot from a dummy."


Do Something Fun for a Stranger Day
Send some guy's Mom a postcard. (Actually, this month they are sending in bottle caps -- and next month is business cards.)

Dancing Days are Here Again
If you missed Fresh Air yesterday... well, you just plain missed it. Thanks to the beauty of the internet, you can still catch it here. It was a whole hour with Robert Plant. He's brilliant. I loved the part talking about how to properly warm up vocally.

Song for the Day:
Ramble On
- Led Zeppelin
~Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.
How years ago in days of old, when magic filled the air.
T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair.
But Gollum, and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her, her, her...yeah.~

0 Comments:

Post a comment