Thursday, January 29, 2004

Happy Birthday Michael!

Do You Use Your Powers for Good? ...or for Awesome?
I ran across the site PlayDamage while looking for the lyrics to "Dig" so I didn't have to type them over again. At first I thought it was a little weird and quite trippy... but the more I clicked... the better I liked it.. in a trippy way. Excellent music on pages 38 and 26, specifically. And bonus points to anyone who can name the guitar riff on page 48. Just go there and click anywhere for the adventure to begin. (Best with sound.)

P.S. The music on the "Dig" page is not, in fact, "Dig".

Diss Appointment
So I was lying on my couch in a state of semi-drugged stupor watching VH1's Bands Reunited. I have to say that I was extremely disappointed to see that Extreme didn't reunite. Pat and Paul were in -- Gary was on the fence -- but Nuno, the rock god and beautiful man that he is, declined. So sad.

Conversations from the ER
Dr Todd: [about to give the local anesthetic] Now this one is going to feel like a little bee sting.
Me: What if I've never had a bee sting?
Dr T: [giving the shot] This is what a little bee sting feels like.

Dear Britney...
You've already killed "I Love Rock'N'Roll" and "Satisfaction"... please... please quit singing "We Will Rock You"

A Conversation
on the phone with Paul who was relaying to Darren...
Me: What about Mathra -- you know... kind of like Mothra.
P: Mothra?
Me: From the Godzilla movies?
P: [to Darren] What do you think of Mathra?
D: It makes me think of Mothra.
P: Who's Mothra?
D: Mothra's a giant moth who kicks ass in Godzilla.

Song for the Day:
Into the West
- Annie Lennox
That woman has got pipes!

0 Comments:

Post a comment