Saturday, January 10, 2004

Disorientation
Against my wishes, the bossman got me one of these monster flat-screen monitors to use instead of my perfectly fine laptop screen.

I'm not particularly thrilled for two reasons:
(1) I'd like to save the exceeding large-print items for when I actually do go blind. (My gosh, can this get any bigger?)
(2) I don't particularly like the idea of people reading over my shoulder anyway, and now it's just like an open invitation. On any mildly overcast day, anyone can look right in my window if I have the light on. This isn't going to help.

I do have to say that I spent the majority of the afternoon rearranging my desk situation though. I got rid of that freaking printer that drives me crazy. (Besides Karl stole my ink cartridge ages ago.) I put my docking station under my desk, and now just have the phone, monitor, speakers, keyboard, and mouse on top of my desk. Of course that won't last for long, but I like the minimalist look for today.

The only thing is that the keys on this keyboard don't match the arrangement on my laptop. The F4 button is too far from my right Alt button. My home-end-delete buttons are really wonky. But my hallelujah for the day is that it has a number pad... which is all I've ever really wanted.

Let's Go to the Movies... Let's Go See the Stars
Phebes and I are going to see Chasing Liberty tonight. Gotta love Jeremy Piven. There's barely a glimpse of him in the trailer.

0 Comments:

Post a comment