Thursday, December 04, 2003

The guys were in town for sales conference today. They were well received, and they were even persuaded to play a little bit of my favourite "You are Mine". I got to bring Roy to the airport. (He was here for a full 14 hours this time.) It's always good to chit-chat with him.

When I got back to the office, the other three were here. When I went into the conference room, Darren stood to his feet as though at attention. I must have give him a startled look, and he responded, "A lady walked into the room." He's such a good guy. A dying breed, I tell you.

Subliminal Thoughts
I Say... You Think...
1. Scrooge:: bah humbug
2. Ribbon:: ooo pretty
3. Physical:: Mental, Spiritual, Emotional
4. Income:: Tax
5. Dream:: A Little Dream
6. Notebook:: computer
7. Disney:: Manda
8. Combo:: pool
9. Booty:: Pirates
10. Skin:: deep

Okay. I'm over it. I am a big fat NaNoWriMo loser. I'm okay with that. I think if I attempt next year, I need one of these fancy-schmancy Progress Meters (aka NaNoWriMoProMe).

I just got The Importance of Being Earnest for the same price as a rental. It's decent. I saw the show at the IRT with one of my old youth groupies, and I thought it was better... but I think they stayed true to Wilde's tale. (Is it movie choices like this that make him surprised that I might actually enjoy DD?)

Mmm... Kitties!

My desk faces a window. (Always a bad idea.) The blinds are usually shut on that side to avoid blindness, but they slant down, so I can still see the ground outside a bit. A little while ago something small, slender, and very white crawled past. I know there is a calico cat in the neighborhood, but this definitely was not that. I jumped up to go to the back door just in time to see the tail end going underneath the shed out back. I couldn't get it to come out... not sure if I really wanted it to anyway.

When I came back inside...
Karl: What was it?
Me: I don't know. It didn't respond to "creature".
Bossman: What?
Me: You know. "Here creature, creature, creature." Didn't respond.

Guilty Pleasure Song for the Day
Always Be My Baby
- Mariah Carey
Okay, I'm not a big Mariah fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I heard this song in a store. There's something about the lead up to the key change that gets me every time.
~I know that you'll be back boy
When your days and your nights get a little bit colder
I know that you'll be right back baby
Oh baby believe me it's only a matter of time~

0 Comments:

Post a comment