Monday, November 24, 2003

I'm probably the last person to see this site, but just in case I'm not... 46664.com:

Nelson Mandela gave his prison number 46664 to Dave Stewart of Eurythmics in November of last year who then asked the late Joe Strummer to write lyrics for a song that included the 46664 prison number. Stewart then completed the song with Bono earlier this year and the two of them recorded it as the first of a series of co-writes together for this campaign. Further recording sessions began in March of this year when Stewart was joined by Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor in a studio in Cape Town to lay down tracks which would also see them working in collaboration with some of South Africa's premiere musicians.

You can download the music... make donations to AIDS research... get a beautiful Bono desktop (or Eurythmics or one of the others).

I'm probably also the last person to find out that Jonathan Brandis apparently commited suicide. Such a shame. I fell in love with him back in junior high when he was the young Bill in It. Of course, Neverending Story II was complete sacrilege, and I cannot say I ever saw an episode of Seaquest... but that's no reason to quit the game early. Dang.

I'm trying to decide if I have a spare 3 hours before I go home to see The Gospel of John. Interesting there is so much uproar about The Passion, but I had not even heard that this one was coming out. (Shhh... don't tell -- but I heard Jesus still gets crucified.)

0 Comments:

Post a comment