Saturday, November 01, 2003

The thrill of Halloween has pretty much escaped me this year. For the second year in a row, my Edward Scissorhands cd is not where I expected it to be... so no hauntingly beautiful music today. I didn't even get a pumpkin. I am wearing black... (no big surprise)... with my radically awesome silver and black sparkly shirt (circa 1972). I'm going as a rockstar... or something.

Friday Five
1. What was your first Halloween costume?

I may have to call my mom on that one. The first one I remember seeing photos of was me as Raggedy Ann. Precious, eh?

2. What was your best costume and why?
If I had finished my Blossom costume last year, that would have been it. I really liked my witch's costume several years ago. I used baby powder instead of normal powder on my face to give myself an even paler complexion. I had this awesome black velvet dress that I got through my connections at the local college theatre costume shop.

3. Did you ever play a trick on someone who didn't give you a treat?
Nah.

4. Do you have any Halloween traditions? (ie: Family pumpkin carving, special dinner before trick or treating, etc.)
I would normally set my speakers in the window and play the aforementioned Edward Scissorhands soundtrack to entertain the trick-or-treaters.

5. Share your favorite scary story...real or legend!
The Tell-Tale Heart

Since Erin is back in the states for the time being... I don't feel bad pointing out this Bomb Canada t-shirt.

Don't miss the Daily Screw from the Virtual Corkscrew Museum.

Yesterday someone pointed out Mr. ABC & Friends... looks so innocent. Yet probably not recommended to be played in front of conservative employers or small children.

Survivor? Hello. Five pirate smilies just for bringing Skinny Ryan back. Thank goodness Osten is gone. Gah. He was whinier than Manda! (Just kidding. Love you. I know you're pregnant and entitled to mood swings.)


I'm so funny. I can barely stand myself. It's not the funniest thing I've ever done, but this one is good. The only hitch is that the person on the receiving end might not recognize the joke... but it will be funny anyway. And one other person knows and is laughing too. Stay tuned for more details.

Listen for the Day:
Hear Danny Elfman's commentary on the Soundtrack of the Day.

0 Comments:

Post a comment