Thursday, October 02, 2003

I have always wanted to go a homemade paint job on a car... kinda like this. One time we let the youth groupies paint the youth van... with mixed results. Lots of hand prints and no chance of seeing out the windows. Good times.

Just so you know, it's official -- Chick-fil-A has the best drive-thru.

I Read, Therefore I Am
I was excited to find a hardcover copy of Our Band Could Be Your Life: Scenes from the American Indie Underground 1981-1991 by Michael Azerrad on half.com yesterday. Jessica is reading it at the moment and has said that everyone in this town should read it at one time or another.

It's That Time of Year
Just so you know... NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is taking registrants starting today. (Unless you reclaim your name from last year.) Come on. Let's write like we've never written before.

Public Service Announcement from Darren
(an excerpt from an email I just received...)
"Being as October 1st is National Danielle Awareness Day, I feel both obliged and obligated to drop you a brief message regarding the ensuing festivities. Today I will have a street team canvasing fliers and pamphlets throughout Louisiana, as I go from one high school to the next doing a one man song and dance review (with full slide show)in the lunch rooms; all in an effort to heighten Danielle awareness. The highlight of my routine seems to be the riveting four part epic- 'Seasons of Danielle' (in A minor) a cathartic journey into the inner workings of the mind of a genius set to the tune of Black Sabbath's 'Iron Man'."

Owl Post Script
It appears to be dead. Unless he makes a habit of lounging on the side of the road with one of his wings partially in the air.

So yeah, last night we spent five hours moving Thux & Recah to their new apartment... one building over. I meant to keep track of how many flights of stairs I climbed. (Both apartments were on the second floor.) Then, of course, it also started raining... which I think kept us cool and motivated us to walk faster. Now my arms feel mushy, and I overslept this morning. Woohoo. Thankfully Thux just called and said he feels like he has been hit by a truck as well, so I don't feel as bad.

0 Comments:

Post a comment