Friday, October 17, 2003

Ahoy!
'Pirates' Sequal Takes to the Waters -- "A sequel to the summertime blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is officially on the way, report industry sources. The inimitable Johnny Depp will once again buckle his swash as the pirate Jack Sparrow. " Cool. (And Bill, your leading lady will return as well.) :)

Butch!
Talk of the Nation had an interesting piece on celebrity producers yesterday... with the highlight being what Butch Vig had to say.

A side note: For you people who insist on calling in to radio programs and/or writing letters to the editor, etc... try to make sure you have at least half a clue. It helps keep you from sounding like a complete idiot.

And on the other side: Karl just got the protools rig set up in his new home (read: garage) studio and said that he thinks I would have fun messing around with it. I know I would.

Pens!
Want Happy Employees? Break out the Purple Pens! "According to a new survey of 645 American workers, happiness on the job is having a dozen or more pens crammed into your desk drawer." Fascinating... seeing as how I have a gazillion pens floating around my office, and I almost always use purple or green... black as a last resort.

How many pens do you have in your drawer? I have:
▪ 7 Sharpies -- 4 black, 1 silver, 1 purple, 1 green
▪ 5 highlighters -- 4 yellow, 1 purple
▪ 2 Fountain pens -- 1 blue ink, 1 purple ink
▪ 3 Pencils -- 1 sharpened, 1 not, 1 mechanical
▪ 11 Regular pens -- 2 black, 3 pink, 1 red, 3 green, 3 purple
Wow... that's a little ridiculous.

Luther!
Went to see Luther last night, and wow... I thought it was extremely well done. (Save for a couple speaking overdubs that didn't mesh well and one glaring continuity error with the Emperor's hand... I was really trying to watch the movie, I promise.) Of course I grew up going to a Reformed Church, so I had to learn about dear Martin back in the days of catechism.

And then, of course, I did attend Luther College... though that was less about any religious affiliation and more about their theatre program... and much less about their theatre program than about The Boy who also went there. Ironically, it was there that I really grasped how insignificant the church and all its trappings are if there is no faith. (Or maybe I was just rationalizing my lack of desire to attend Lutheran services and my extremely poor chapel service attendence. (I remember only ever going to one.))

Regardless, the film was beautiful. Some visually stunning moments. The score was absolutely gorgeous... though there were a few moments with no music whatsoever whose starkness was appealing as well.

Song!
Muscle Museum
- Muse
~Can you see that I am needing,
And begging for so much more than you could ever give.
And I don't want you to adore me,
I don't want you to ignore me when it pleases you~

0 Comments:

Post a comment