Sunday, September 28, 2003

The Owl and the Pussycat
Thanks for the sympathies. I'm feeling better now. I checked out the car this afternoon... no feathers or other evidence. It was just such a disgusting feeling. I full-on drove over a possum one time without much guilt or remorse, because they are so ugly. Owls are different. *sigh*

Watching Last of the Mohicans now that I have the PS2 hooked up in my room. I just wonder if Daniel Day-Lewis was aware of how quickly that film would catapult him into "Hottest Man in the World" territory.

The World as a Blog... yeah spent way too much time watching that one.

A Conversation
Naten sent me a link to the car dealership with the car he just bought...

Me: Very stylin'... sunroof, cd changer, leather seats, premium wheels, clock. You spare no expense.
Naten: There had to be a clock or it was no deal.

Then we went on to talk about the names of our previous vehicles. Here are mine:

Eddy: Dark blue Cavalier.
Owned: 1993-1995.
So Named: Smell reminded me of my Grandpa Edward.

Radar: Silver Beretta.
Owned: 1995-1998-ish
So Named: Named after Warren's cat who was old and would not turn left... car got the name when it developed the problem of the power steering going out in cold weather.

Amana: White Beretta.
Owned: 1998-ish-present
So Named: Because I hate white vehicles and think they look like large appliances.

Amerigo: Black Explorer.
Owned: 2002-present
So Named: For Amerigo Vespucci... the explorer.

I did find a guy who wants to buy Amana though. He found me actually. Apparently a friend of the neighbors three doors down. In typical small-world fashion, he's going on the road with a group who was friends with beanbag... and they happen to be going on a tour with the group who is renting the bus from my boss. That gives us barely two degrees of separation.

Abbott & Costello's "Who's on First" routine for the 21st century. "Do you want a computer with Windows?" "I don't know. What do I see when I look out the windows?" "Wallpaper."

Another Item for My Store
Yesterday some contracts came in with one of those giant red document rubber bands. Out of boredom, I put it around my neck (à la Mark K. circa 1999). I completely forgot about it and slept with it on and everything. I could start a trend here. Make them cool and sell them. Okay, so the idea was better in my head.

Jessica, bless her heart, just called me to say that she is going to Wal-Mart soon. Knowing my need for a shopping support group.. and knowing that I need lightbulbs... she offered to come by to pick me up so we can go together. What a dear. I don't know what it is, but lately I have been refusing to go to the store. I just hate it. I haven't been to Wal-Mart since my car broke down in their parking lot a month ago. I feel like a better person for having abstained for so long.

0 Comments:

Post a comment