Saturday, September 13, 2003

Okay... that's it... no more sadness.

Not only are Paul and Darren here... but they flew in a special bassist for the showcase -- your favourite and mine, Roy! No word as to who is playing guitar except that it isn't Rumsey. Bummer.

SPAM... The Other White Meat [Product]
We get this fax thing every morning at the office. Today there was a little article about Spam. It said that 228 cans of Spam are eaten every minute of the day. That seems a little outrageous to me. I think I only first sampled it a couple years ago. Not a tastey treat, if you ask me.

"I'll have spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam spam and spam."

Here's some more Spam facts.

Another Spam fact: I have a decorative can of Spam on my bookshelf that I got as a housewarming gift from Keith (aka Lil' Gil') when he first visited my awesome apartment in Michigan. I have paid it forward by giving the gift of decorative Spam to friends of mine.

Free Overpriced Coffee
Getting free stuff from Starbucks is becoming like a game for me. A game that I don't even try to win... I just do. I don't know if it's my sweet disposition or my witty charm, but I'm always being told "not to worry about it". It will probably all end now that I'm paying attention... but last night, as I was drinking my free mocha malt thing, it dawned on me that I get a lot of stuff at no charge. I guess it helps that half the people I know work there. And it's not like I try to sneak away either. I'm usually standing there with my money saying... "uh, I still haven't paid for this half-consumed expensive beverage." Workers will walk past, shrug their shoulders, and say, "I don't have a till open. Don't worry about it."

A Conversation
Karl: Do we have any kleenex in this office?
me: I'm going to go with "no".
Karl: My allergies are back. Do you think we can get some?
me: Sure. [beat] Would you go so far as to say that we have a Tissue Issue?
Karl: [lowers the toilet paper away from his nose... shakes his head... and walks away laughing.]

Blood & Guts
Someone is getting an Agreement with spider guts on the back of it. I couldn't help my reflexes. Jumping spider? Must kill. No thought to the fact that my weapon of choice needs to be mailed to a client. Oh well. Adds character.

Guess the 8-bit movie character... this made me laugh a lot, but I'm a total Commodore 64 geek.

Freak Watchers Textbook. Wow. Now this is incredible. They have almost every species of freak out there.

Friday Five
1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?

Same as it ever was.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
I'm cool with it now. When I was little I wanted my name to be Tracy. Uhh, yeah... no. I'd be happy if people could pronounce my last name... but (fingers-crossed) I won't have to worry about that forever.

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
There apparently was someone named Danielle on one of the soap operas that was popular at the time. Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure where the Linn came from.

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
mmm... well, let's just say none of my children will be named after the people who I didn't enjoy being around in gradeschool. Though, if my sister doesn't have a Jacob, I think I will have to just to please my father who wants a Little Jake in the family.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn't it?
No? It's pretty much all off except for the "difficult issues being put off as long as possible" part.

"Although your name of Danielle gives you a good appreciation of material values, business ability, and skill in organizing and managing others, your success is restricted by a lack of self-confidence and initiative. This name brings out a practical, materialistic quality, with a strong desire for a good standard of living in an environment where you are in contact with refined, successful people. You try to further your interests through pursuing the association of people with influence. Being well-groomed and well-dressed at all times is important to you as you always strive to make a good impression on others. Your interests are more focused on your social life and convivial living, with any pressing or difficult issues being put off as long as possible."

0 Comments:

Post a comment