Saturday, September 20, 2003

Ahoy there, mateys! Shiver me timbers, it's talk like a pirate day all across the land. (Land, ho!) Argg!

(Is that enough?)

Speaking of pirates... Survivor last night, anyone? Andrew, handsome though he may be, did not win any love from me after trying to get rid of my boy Ryan. Now, I admit... Ryan needs to kick it in gear and start making himself useful around camp, but you gotta admit the kid is great. I loved his little asides talking about wanting to be excited about being at camp... a little group hug maybe... hehe. Drake had a definite advantage with Spanish-speaking Sandra and the ruthless Rupert on their team. (I think Rupert is going to be this season's Matt... slightly disturbing and teetering on the brink of insanity by the end. I'm calling it here, folks.)
Overall, I give it 4 (out of a possible 5) pirate smilies for keeping us guessing this season.


(Remember back in the first season of 24 when I rated each show in Kiefers? That was fun.)

AngryPirate.com... to keep with the theme.

Cool Crafty Chick
Came across this site last night, and I think I might have to add this one to my regulars list. She alters thrift store clothes and grows her hair out to be donated to Locks of Love... she's practically me.

Stick figure version of Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" video. Anyone who is familiar with the Christopher Walken version should find this somewhat impressive.

Friday Five
1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?
That's so hard. I'm very non-committal when it comes to musicians anymore. Don't make me choose. If it is who I've listened to the most lately, then I'd have to say Ours since I've been riding the high from the show a couple weeks ago. Though ask me Sunday, and I'll probably say Math -- at least, if they manage to wow us at the show tomorrow night.

2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?
I want to say Rod Stewart or Creed... but I need to go with the old love-to-hate standby... Michael Bolton. I just had a really hard time figuring out why people thought he was so great. My dislike became a big joke when I was living in Michigan. My boss actually threatened to make me go to see MB when he was in town. There also was an issue of People or something that had photos of him in his house... including one of him in a bubble bath. It was so disgusting... but I hung those pictures on the wall next to my bed. People would always ask why... to which I would reply, "If that is the first thing I see in the morning, then my day can only get better from there."

3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?
Umm, if we're talking Jimmy... I don't really know enough about him to give an opinion either way. But if we're talking Math... heck yeah. Those guys are awesome.

4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?
Yes. I don't know if it was the best, but the one that sticks out in my mind right now was when I saw Live at the Van Andel on their Secret Samadhi tour. I just remember it being a very visually stunning show.

5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from downloading free music?
I'm of two minds about the whole issue. I cannot say I've never downloaded anything. But I can say that I never used Napster or Kazaa... whereas some people make a career of downloading stuff. It's tough. Personally, I know I've been exposed to bands I otherwise would not have known if I had to rely on radio to introduce me to new music... and I do make a point of going out and buying music that I do like. I'm not sure that the RIAA is going about things in the right way, not that I necessarily have an alternative solution either.

Song for the Day:
Friday I'm in Love
- The Cure
~I don't care if monday's black
Tuesday wednesday heart attack
Thursday never looking back
It's friday i'm in love~

0 Comments:

Post a comment