Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Keanugalleria... had to laugh. My friends and I had a big thing for him back during the Speed era.

I discovered a new meme over at Sugarfused... it's a word association game:
Subliminal Thoughts
"I say.... and you think.... "
  1. Miss America:: there she is...
  2. Cherubs:: Arab Strap
  3. Shark Week:: YES!! (I watched Anatomy of a Shark Bite twice last night... yes, I taped it. I'm such a dork.)
  4. Sunflowers:: golden
  5. Sorority:: prissy
  6. Grilled chicken:: salad
  7. 100:: grand
  8. Tickle monster:: nephew
  9. Veronica:: 's Closet
  10. Slurpee:: Casey's General Store w/ Jenna

Awesome Pawsome: August 16, 26, 27. Mental reminder. I saw a little bit of it on the weekend, but I need to tape it when it plays again. I am so in love with baby tigers; I can barely describe it!

The Train Wreck Story
Not nearly as exciting nor as dramatic as you might imagine. When we were kids, my parents took us on this train tour with the Scenic Valley Railroad.

We were on the train headed back towards the station. It was just a leisurely drive. My sister and I were leaning out the windows trying to grab leaves off trees we were passing. We were in the middle car, and we heard commotion towards the front of the car. I forget exactly, but my dad told us to get back to our seats just before we were hit.

The station was at the top of a hill, and apparently a train car got away from the station somehow and started rolling down the hill... picking up speed all along the way. I forget what damage happened to the train, but I do remember that we were just about to go over the 150-foot bridge.

Again, I don't remember how it all happened... just remember it took what seemed like forever... but then they somehow reversed us back to where there was a camp, and we all got off. My dad is a fireman and rescue worker, so he went off to help the people in the front car who were hurt. I remember they gave us Wheat Thins. Then buses came and took us all back to the station.

The End.

Magnolia Glen Music Fest
On Stage: James Taylor with special guests Indigo Girls

You don't want to miss this! The merch tent is opening soon too. How cool is that?

0 Comments:

Post a comment