Thursday, August 28, 2003

It's Greek to Me
So I have this army-green colored shirt that I got at Goodwill. I'm a redhead. I have green eyes. I wear green. It comes with the territory. I never put a lot of thought into what the shirt says until I had a girl in a shop enthusiastically ask, "Are you kappa alpha??"

I wish I could have seen my face, because I honestly had no idea what she was saying to me. "uhh... what?"

"Your shirt? Are you Kappa Alpha Theta?"

Look down. Shirt says "KAO Recruitment 2000", even though I like to think of myself as the antithesis of a sorority girl. I think my actual response was, "oh gawd no!"

That didn't keep her from going on and telling me how she was a Beta Gamma Ray or something. It was a very weird time in my life.

I had sort of forgotten about it though, until I saw this blogger referring to dressing with irony: "If you show up in a Growing Pains tee shirt, I'm not going to do the mental math and figure out that you're really too cool to find that Kirk Cameron image hot and that you're goofing on it, I'm merely going to take you at your word and assume that you're a retarded boy who's mother dressed him that morning."

You Think You Know, But You Have No Idea
This is a great article from a student newspaper called: Lost in Translation: Here's What Those Cool-Looking Japanese Tattoos Really Say. That's just funny. And you can go here if you want your very own japanese "Stupid Foreigner" t-shirt.

Rooms-To-Go... A Quote From Last Night
"I think my couch might be on layaway, but I'd settle for a loveseat right now."
-- me to Phebe, referring to my couch... or lack thereof.

Song for the Day:
What Your Soul Sings
- Massive Attack
~the things that bring you down
only do harm to you
and so make your choice joy~

(Hugs to T!)

0 Comments:

Post a comment