Saturday, August 30, 2003

Idol Madness
This dude Seth I knew way back when was a finalist for the Erie Idol. He used to work at Gap, and he could randomly point out people who were wearing Gap jeans and which cut they were. That's talent... I suppose. He also has a beautiful voice.

If I Didn't Love People, I Would Really, Really Hate Them
I work in an office. The stuff I do doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what the guys do. And just because I'm the girl here, and I like to help people... that doesn't mean that I'm some sort of Office Lackey who has nothing better to do than wait for your problems to arise. I don't keep my boss's schedule, I don't know where Karl is, I'm not an attorney, and I'm not a courier service. Though I am thinking of starting a second career as a shuttle service to the airport.

Yesterday I was (literally) in the middle of a project that I had spread out on the floor. I was also the only person in the office at the time. Phone rings. Get up off floor. Answer. It's someone trying to fax my telephone. Hang up. Sit on floor. Phone rings. Get up. Answer. "Yeah Danielle, what's your fax number over there." Tell Einstein the number. Hang up. Sit on floor. Two minutes pass. Phone rings. Get up. Answer. "Yeah, I just sent a fax over there, and I wondered if you got it." @#$(*&... well, did you fax it to the number I just gave you, Stupid? Contrary to popular belief, the fax machine does not spit out faxes directly into my lap... and the robot that goes between me and the fax machine four rooms away is broken.

Ugh... thank heaven for long weekends!

I realized that I had missed this one from Bill. Study: Female gamers outnumber boys. Aw, yeah! I don't know that I would actually go so far as to call myself a "gamer"... but I am kicking total computer butt on Rise of Nations these days.

I stumbled across this one, and it is just nice and relaxing: Field Notes. "...musings from a sidelong naturalist about poetry, place and wonder."

It's Italian Night over at Magnolia Glen. That menu is enough to make one's stomach growl!

I'll have to see if they have any leftovers tomorrow, because tonight we are having a going away party for my friend Suzanna. Just the girls. Plenty of wine. Lots of hors d'oeuvres and salads. They're moving to the UK in a few weeks, and they will be missed.

Friday Five
1. Are you going to school this year?

Nope

2. If yes, where are you going (high school, college, etc.)? If no, when did you graduate?
I sort of stopped going to college in '96.

3. What are/were your favorite school subjects?
Creative Writing, English

4. What are/were your least favorite school subjects?
Math, Science

5. Have you ever had a favorite teacher? Why was he/she a favorite?
My freshman English teacher. He was tough, but I learned so much from him. He gave me Desiderata in a frame for graduation.... and I think everyone could afford to take the time to read that one once in a while.

Song for the Day:
Go here and listen to the 2nd song. That's my favourite right now. Karl just brought me the cd of Jamie's new band. Rock anthems at their best.

0 Comments:

Post a comment