Thursday, August 07, 2003

Comfortably Numb
I'm going into self-destruct. First there was the unintentional food poisoning incident earlier this week which I intentionally failed to mention. Then today out of pretty much nowhere I took a nice big fat bite of my lower lip. Now I have this little gash that is also swollen making it painful and also very susceptible to additional nibbles.

So tonight I thought I would remedy the problem. Just so happens that I have a little tube of Oragel. (Nevermind that I normally use it for eyebrow tweezing purposes. Numbs the browline; makes it easier to pluck. You get the idea.) So I thought I would use a little bit for its intended purpose tonight and put some on my little cut.

They don't really warn you that once inside the mouth, your saliva will evenly distribute the substance throughout your entire mouth. Now my lips are both tingley, my tongue has no feeling whatsoever, and I'm not entirely convinced that I'm not drooling.

But it doesn't hurt anymore...

0 Comments:

Post a comment