Friday, August 22, 2003

After reading about Pauley's flower fiasco, I feel bad everytime I see my desktop wallpaper for this month. Are the seeds really ready to eat right after they open? For some reason I just have this mental picture of someone biting the head off a dandilion. Anyway...

Wheels sent me a link to Casey Casum out-takes. (Listen with caution.) It pretty much destroys any childhood impression of him. Casey doesn't swear!

On a semi-related-but-not-really note, I don't know how long I've missed this, but there is a Dark Side of the Moon 30th Anniversary website. How is that related but not really, you ask? Just because I always wondered if people were aware or not that he actually does say "bullshit" in the song "Money"... because it never ever seems to be edited out for radio. Even back in the more demure days of radio... there it was in all its thickly accented glory. Bullshit.

Stranger Things Have Happened
So last night I went to fill up my car with gas. Not really sure if I wanted to go home, I sort of drove aimlessly around this area with some shops. Then I realize someone behind me is honking repeatedly. I was in more of a parking area than on a road, and they clearly could have passed me if they wanted to do so. I have seen enough roadrageous people in my day to give caution to the thought of actually pulling over. Mild panic.

Then I realize, hey, I know this person. Turns out it was my friend Collin. Not strange, you say. Well, Collin and I worked together five years ago when I lived in Michigan. We both left there about the same time -- me going to Indy, and he & his wife going to Nashville. They moved back to Seattle about the time that I moved down here. Turns out they are moving back, and so he's here looking for houses, etc. So it really was a completely random "no way, what in the heck are you doing here" type of situation.

We stood in the parking lot talking for about a half an hour before we decided to go grab some coffee. We sat and talked for three more hours. It was so fun to catch up again. He's freaking hilarious -- and he can quote nearly all of Top Secret!... which makes him even cooler.

Anyway.... my office is my own personal hell today... I was half expecting caution-tape to be covering my door; my desk is in such a state of disarray. However, there is a method to my madness, so I'd better get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a comment