Friday, August 01, 2003

Summer Love... and Thoughts Thereof

New music, with thanks to Dan.

So many people are getting married or having babies or just happily loving on others, so that's what inspired the theme.

Let It Be Love. This was just a song that I could not quit listening to a few weeks back. It moved me, what else can I say?
You Are Mine. The vocals will be recognized by those who know. This was on a demo not meant for the average listener, but it was one song that made me pick up the phone and say "man, I love this one. The others are good, but this is definitely a keeper!" Name another song with a windchime solo.
Almost There. One of these songs is not like the others. One of these songs just doesn't belong. Yeah, okay, it's a little peppier, but don't tell me you've never needed a song like this in your life.
Let's Go Out Tonight. Another Craig Armstrong, yes... but wow -- it was a perfect addition to the collection. Tissues anyone?

Swain
n.
a male admirer or suitor

I was reminded of the concept of "my swain" last night as I thought about all this. A girl I lived with for a long time and I referred to our potential suitors as our swains. Now my roommates and I refer to them as "our couches". Wait, wait... there's a reason...

Couch Concept
The story goes... there once was a lady who moved into a new house, but she had not found a new living room set. Her household went for a couple of years without having furniture in their living room. When asked why she didn't just buy a couch, the lady replied that she had not yet found the couch that she really wanted... she did not want to settle for any old couch that would do, because then she doubted that she would replace it if she ever came across the one she really wanted.

The moral of the story: Don't settle for someone you can live with... wait until you find the one you can't live without.

We've had lots of fun with the couch analogy... but basically everyone just wants a comfy couch anyway, right?

0 Comments:

Post a comment