Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Starbucks Convo
Sara(h):
(perplexed as she is making my coffee) Do you work today?
Me: Yeah... I'm so beyond late; I just gave up trying to get there on time today.

I'm Sure This Meant Something at One Time
Have you ever come across something and tried to figure out why in the world you still have it? Some slip of paper or piece of stone or something that stood for something whose significance now escapes you?

I was just going through some books I had in a box. Inside the cover of one of them, there was a small paper bag folded carefully in thirds. Inside there was a receipt for guitar picks and several business cards from Denton, Texas. I don't even remember having been in Denton, Texas... but I did remember the slogan on one of the business cards:

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is...
...Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Welcome to your new addiction.

Goodwill Hunting
I decided last night that I am going to kill two of my oft-plotted-never-executed plans with one stone.

Plan #1. Get out of the Metro area to find some Goodwills that have not been picked over by the rockstars in town.
Plan #2. Take a drive down the Natchez Trace.

Combo Plan of Joy. Drive down the Natchez and find some Goodwills.

(Okay, according to the Goodwill Locator, there are only Goodwills in Columbia and Lawrenceburg, unless I want to go all the way to Jackson, MS. It's better than nothing, I suppose.)

Song for the Day
Do Not
- John Reuben
~Do not tell me what I can and cannot do when I rock.~

The way something was phrased reminded me of that child singing that one silly line, and I had to get it out of my system.

0 Comments:

Post a comment