Wednesday, July 09, 2003

I just found a fun store! Raindogs. Yes, I would like anything from there. 169 days until my birthday... for anybody who is keeping track.

Friday's Five was quite apropos considering that my mom made my sister and I go through boxes of our old books over the weekend.

1. What were your favorite childhood stories?
Mom said she read the Strawberry Shortcake scratch-n-sniff book over and over and over.

2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children?
The Ginghams & the Backward Picnic, The Golden Egg

3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything?
Yes, I read quite a few of them on Saturday. I wasn't particularly surprised, but I definitely remembered the pictures more than some of the stories.

4. How old were you when you first learned to read?
4-ish

5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you?
I got The Little House on the Prairie when I was six, I think.

Trip Highlights: Day 1 (Thursday)
▪ Staying up until the wee hours of Thursday playing with these websites (Determine your Blood Alcohol Level, Bunny Love) with Mark instead of packing.
▪ Getting to the airport in just the nick of time.
▪ Doing a little shopping with Mom.
▪ Saw Brother for about two seconds.
▪ Mexican food for dinner... saw my cousin there.
▪ Went for a walk around the neighborhood with Mom.
▪ Hung out with sister's family -- found out about Baby #3.
Gran mal storm at night that even made me nervous. Went downstairs to check the weather channel and then sat watching the storm from the picture window in my brother's room.

0 Comments:

Post a comment