Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Where There's a Will
I just got confirmation. At the end of July, my cousin Will and two of his friends are coming to stay with me. I think it is going to be cool. He is a great kid, even though I cannot say that he and I have ever done anything outside of family gatherings. (Though you may recall that he was my first mate when I was sailing last summer.) What in the world am I going to do with three 18-year-olds?

Actually, we are going to a little drum corps event. I think that will be a good time.

Grass is Greener on the Other Side of the Pond
A little rant here... but maybe someone can help me out. I am just trying to figure out why, exactly, I am supposed to care about David & Victoria Beckham. I forget where I read the article... it may have been in a magazine... that said they are going to try to raise their profile in America, since they are the media darlings of the UK.

Yes, the fabulous footballer may be going on an American tour coming up... even though, as Bill pointed out, most Americans couldn't name any other soccer player "if you held a gun to our heads". And I am wondering if Posh is aware that her spicier days were largely ridiculed by pretty much everyone I have ever met. (Never mind that she looks like an über-bitch in nearly every photo I've ever seen of her.)

BBC asks "Do the Beckhams get too much attention?"

When you can find reports on how they installed a $150,000 bed in their limo, I would tend to say yes.

F-L-O-R-I-DA (I had that Van Morrison "Gloria" song in my head... and Florida almost works.)
Manda sent me pictures. Yay. Good times.
Manda & Me at the Crazy Buffet. (Jack & Erik to the side.)
Brandon & Heather: Brandon was on the road with me and Jack.
Cake-- our magnificent cake creation. (Didn't turn out too bad, eh? Water is good.)
Make a wish... blowing out the candles. (Leslie in the background.)
Alex & Erik at the airport. (Thought that was such a cute picture.)
Airport... (Matt, Manda, Jack, Me, Alex, & Erik)

And the photo half the people who find my site from a search engine have been looking for...
The Fabulous Tie Skirt... (I was kicking my foot back; there wasn't some sort of freakish wind thing going on.)

0 Comments:

Post a comment