Saturday, June 28, 2003

Happy Birthday to Phil! Hopefully Jesse called with my greetings as well.

Things You Don't Realize You Take for Granted
#327. Mac'n'Cheese

His Dark Materials -- series I'm supposed to read. (personal reference for when I forget again)

Friday Five
1. How are you planning to spend the summer [winter]?

Not much different than how I spent the spring.

2. What was your first summer job?
I think I started working in my dad's office when I was 14 or 15... answering the phone and helping set up their computer system. (Ah yes, a computer geek so young.)

3. If you could go anywhere this summer [winter], where would you go?
I'm holding out for autumn... then hopefully, I'm off to Oz.

4. What was your worst vacation ever?
The summer after my 8th grade year. Hands down, the worst family vacation ever. There was a whole series of crappy events, but the real bad part came when we were at Seven Falls in Colorado, and my sister got hit by a falling rock and had to be taken to get stitches. For the rest of the holiday, she was an absolute bear because she hadn't taken her senior pictures yet, and she was so concerned about there being a scar on her face. You had to be there, I'm sure.

Coming in a close second was the year that I was carsick the entire time, and we got in a train wreck.

5. What was your best vacation ever?
I just liked going up to Minnesota, which we did quite frequently. One year was particularly fun when my cousins' cousins were up there too... so there were just a bunch of us kids taking the boat out and playing on the raft and playing Atari.

Song for the Day:
Oh What A Beautiful Morning
- from Oklahoma

~Oh what a beautiful morning
Oh what a beautiful day
I've got a glorious feeling
Everything's goin' my way~

I actually woke up singing children's songs... but I couldn't help but sing this one on the way to work.

0 Comments:

Post a comment