Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Hand Huggers... the smitten mittens. "A glove made for two." That is so precious; it almost drives one to vomit.

In case you were wondering... here are 78 Differences between Men and Women. "Men need a round of applause for emptying the dishwasher. Women think E on the petrol gauge means enough." (Though, for the record, I have never run out of gas... and I do appreciate a plasma screen television.)

Think TRON... play SWRON.

Okay all you photographer people, join me in this little photographic scavenger hunt -- 26 Things. We have the whole month of July. It's creative... it's fun... it's... it's... creative.

I could not believe the pile(s) of work that were left for me on my desk yesterday. Work-from-home day is great. Return-to-work day is less so.

Did I mention I'm leaving this town in two days? Have I adequately expressed my excitement? I didn't think so.

Oh yeah... and I thought I'd give a plug to this site: DonorsChoose.org (via Pauley). It's a place where teachers from low-income school districts send in proposals for projects they don't have the funds to accomplish. (i.e. diskettes and cases for a technology teacher to give to students, book shelves for a kindergarten classroom.) Ordinary people can go there and arrange to send money to help these teachers and students. Lots of people think about giving money away around the holidays... because it is the "giving season"... and you can still count it on that year's taxes. Let's make it Christmas in July this year, and help make these things happen before the kids come back to school in the fall.

0 Comments:

Post a comment