Monday, May 05, 2003

Woman Mortgages Home to Pay Off Parking Fines... makes me sorta wonder if Blockbuster late fees accrue interest.

Today is perfect. If I were at my parents' house with this weather going on, I would take a blanket out to sit in the yard. (There are too many creepy crawlies here for me though.) I took the scenic route home this morning. I followed a road that I had never been on but had always wondered where it went. I ended up on the Natchez Trace Bridge. There is nothing like driving aimlessly and then being dumped out on a 155-foot bridge to figure out where you are!

Oh! I almost forgot that we used to have an old water pump like this in the yard of our old house. Nobody else would probably care about that, but I now feel compelled to call my sister to reminisce about our fake lemonade stands we built with lawnchairs around that spout.

Twenty Questions
(I really wonder how long they'll be able to keep up the pace of 40 questions per week over there. Just a thought.)
1. What's the best birthday present you've ever had? Birthday and Christmas presents sorta blur together for me, but I really like my super comfy chair that I got this year.
2. What do you eat for breakfast? Coffee?
3. What's your favourite piece of jewellery? The plain silver band that I searched forever for until I found the perfect one. (Inspired by the ring Milla wears in The Messenger)
4. What's the best book you've ever read? I'm going to have to think about that.
5. Which gadget couldn't you do without? my computer?
6. Which website can you recommend to me? I recommend anything I link to... try out yesterday's, for instance.
7. Do you have any allergies? There is something in Biolage shampoo that makes my skin wacky. And I get the sneezes now and again, but I've never been tested for pollen allergies.
8. Are you left or right handed? Right.
9. Do you have any piercings? Five holes, but I only wear the one in my upper left ear with any sort of consistency.
10. What's your favourite painting/print? I have always loved "Letter" by Michael Deas... which I cannot find anywhere anymore. I also think his "Song of David" is very sweet.
11. What was the last thing you ate? chips and salsa
12. Where in the world would you like to be right now? :)
13. Do you collect anything? If so, what? Vintage Samsonite suitcases
14. What type of books do you prefer reading ( e.g. romance )? memoirs, at the moment
15. Do you have a daily newspaper? Which one? negative
16. Do you use tissues or linen handkerchiefs? tissues for now
17. What's your oldest possession? In terms of something I have from when I was a kid, I'm not sure exactly... but my grandmother gave me a powder case that my grandpa gave her on their first date... which must have been in the late 1920's.
18. Do you use a fountain pen or a ballpoint pen? I love fountain pens.
19. Do you have any pets? No.
20. Do you have any phobias? I'm afraid of falling. I'm not afraid of heights. And yes, there is a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a comment