Monday, May 26, 2003

Holy Moley

With Manda's permission, I may now explain the whole mole thing. See back when the idea for my visit first popped into her head, she was telling me that she had the whole day off of work and that in the morning she was going to be having a mole removed. So for some reason, I declared that we must have a mole-themed birthday for her... complete with party favors and costumes and the whole works. However, since I didn't finalize my plans to go until Tuesday, there wasn't a whole lot of time to plan -- and there just isn't much out there to work with, so it basically got scrapped. But I gave her some guacamole mix, some dr. scholl's moleskin padding, a pencil from a studio who has the word "mole" in the name, and some Mexican mole. Another couple gave her a gold lamé mole that their daughter had made in high school.

Manda, here's the daisy candle warmer link... and this one is for that lucious caramel apple candle. Unfortunately, the maps don't seem to have a site anywhere.

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

Erik, Matt, Alex, and Emily were kind enough to join Jack, Manda, and me for lunch at the airport so that I could make my flight on time and Jack & Manda could still join the gang for lunch. Sat on the plane for an extra twenty minutes while they sorted out some problem and then refueled. Sat next to friendly, talkative, Kentucky guy on the plane. But I'm home and safe and kinda sad, but yet happy that we had an excellent weekend.

I forgot to mention that we drove through Celebration yesterday afternoon. This is the town invented by Disney, and it is surreal. It is beautiful, but creepy. Everything is perfectly manicured. All the garages are hidden behind the houses and accessed through alleys. They have these electric golf-cart-like vehicles that are used around the town. It really is almost cartoonish in a way. Strange.

I babysat bossman's girls tonight. $50. Not bad. Hans called after they were asleep, so we chit-chatted for a while and then planned to hook up online when I got home to play Age of Myth... but it wasn't working, so we're going to try his-tonight/my-tomorrow.

Last Friday's Five
1. What brand of toothpaste do you use?

that Colgate liqui-gel stuff

2. What brand of toilet paper do you prefer?
anything two-ply and quilted... northern?

3. What brand(s) of shoes do you wear?
My boss would argue that I never wear any... but I don't have any particular brand that I shop for when I buy shoes. The easier to slip off the better. :)

4. What brand of soda do you drink?
Diet Dr. Pepper

5. What brand of gum do you chew?
I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a comment