Friday, April 18, 2003

This week has been too beautiful outside and too busy inside to do much in the way of reading others' sites. How I long for the days when I lived with my friends. When we didn't have "jobs", but we played gigs and sold jewelry to pay for rent, a couple utilities, and food once in a while. Life sure changes in four years.

Remember Melissa, the slightly wenchy chick from The Real World New Orleans? She blogs.

I don't know about anyone else, but my heart sunk when I heard about the looting of the Iraqi Museum last week. I guess I don't understand looting altogether... It was just sickening to watch one of the distraught ladies who worked there just wailing over the loss.

I looked up travel advice about Iraq on Lonely Planet. These are some of the travel tips:
∙ Security is very tight in Iraq. The authorities consider all foreigners to be spies.
∙ Never, never, never make a negative remark about Saddam Hussein.
∙ Never talk about politics.
∙ Never talk about religion.
∙ Never talk about the UN-sanctions.
∙ Never critise the Iraqi government.
∙ Never make any critical comment on Iraq or it's people.
∙ Never mention Israel.
∙ Never point at or stop in front of a palace of Saddam Hussein or any other official building.

Yeah, okay.. on second thought, maybe we won't take that vacation to Baghdad this year.

CreateBands.com -- only mildly entertaining for only so long, but here is your chance to play Lou Perlman.

And once you are done with that, there is X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter. Sort of Space Invaders with a twist. Addictive. (And turn your volume down first if you are at work... which none of you are.) :) Send your thanks to TaintedBill for that one.

Last but not least...
I pledge allegiance to the Rocky Top Brigade and to the creed by which they stand. I'm not a native... I don't have Titans car decal... I haven't been bitten by a brown recluse... but I live here now... I've been to three Predators games... and they have welcomed me with open arms.

0 Comments:

Post a comment